Besides that, I have gone to the next level, tandem ziplining with little kids. Actually, it all came about when I was crossing the playground one day. I was walking along when one of the little boys wanted to introduce me to his friend who had come over to play. They were climbing on the rocks you have to climb in order to reach the zipline and he asked if I would help him up. At that point I didn’t realize that he had never been on the zipline before. I followed him up the rocks thinking that I was simply going to help him grab hold of the zipline, which was being brought up the cable by one of the other children. However, when I got up there with him and we were standing looking over the cliff, he started to panic. At this point I realized that this was probably the first time he had been up on the rock wall at all. Not knowing how I would help coax this boy back down the rocks, I asked him if he wanted me to go with him down the zipline. That was fine by him. So, with my hands over his hands to keep him from slipping and my legs positioned in such a way that they would help break his fall, I counted, “uno, dos, tres” and we jumped off. I wish I could have seen his face because his house mom said it was priceless…that look between fear and exhilaration. The pictures below were from our second attempt. Wahoo!!!
Getting ready to take off on our second attempt.


No comments:
Post a Comment