Saturday, January 14, 2012

#27- Run the Warrior Dash

As I sat around talking with one of my friends the other night, I realized that my "30 before 30" list was still incomplete. This isn't good since I am alreadyfalling behind and need to get some more things checked off. As I attempted to complete the list, I realized that there is at least one thing that I had wanted to do, that I have done, but it didn't make the original list. After a little consideration I decided that since it was something I did after my 28th birthday, I could add it to the list and call it completed all at the same time. Back in September, along with a couple of gals from work and another friend, I completed the Warrior Dash. This is a 5K race that involves several obstacles, including jumping over fire, climbing walls, sliding down poles, scrambling over logs floating in water, and last, but not least, belly-crawling through mud under barbed wire. It was during that heat wave that we had in early September, but the beautiful thing is that it was in the shade and the first obstacle involves swimming through waist-deep water, so you run the rest of the race wet, which keeps you cool. It is a lot of fun if anyone wants to partake in a non-serious 5K. Of course you can be timed, but the real fun is completing the obstacles, especially when done alongside friends! It was a blast!

Warrior Girls after the race. (I'm on the left)

In our lovely warrior Viking hats, one of the souvenirs for racers (on the right).

No comments: