We are nearing the end of February and I have to ask myself, what will happen next? Over the last two months I haven't made much progress on my "30 before 30" list. I was slightly worried about this, but then I realized that during the summer months I should be able to squeeze in more than one a month. I am excited to partake in the next adventure on my list, I just have yet to decide what it is going to be. Will I be dragging someone along with me to see what speed dating is really about, or will I go snowshoeing through the woods? The whole point of having this list was to make sure I was getting out and trying new things throughout the year, not just during the summer, so I feel as though I should get out and do something. As I read through my list, I wondered when and how several of the items would get accomplished, and then I visited some friends in Boise. They very quickly came up with several I could do while visiting them and were ready to make a call to get me a skydiving trip in over the weekend I was there. Probably a good thing that I didn't take them up on it or I would have been skydiving in the snow. Going for my second motorcycle ride in the midst of one of our cold spells (read- "freezing weather") was as cold as I would like to get right now. But, their enthusiasm was contagious. Apparently I am just not ambitious enough to get out there and do things! I have decided that I will let myself off the hook for now as I am working full time and completing two classes for my Master's program (the item to be checked off the list in June!). Come Spring Break, when my classes are done, I might actually have some free time/weekends that are not taken up by homework, giving me a better chance at filling my time with new adventures. For now, I will simply say that my Boise friends did reignite my desire to find a new adventure, and helped me check something off my life experiences list...I finally learned how to play Settlers of Catan. Yes, I know, everyone from my church is sitting there scratching their heads wondering how I have gotten through multiple church retreats and contact with avid Settlers of Catan players without ever once learning the game. Well, it has finally happened , and although I claim no expertise (I sourly lost both times I played), I am now able to partake in this entertainment pastime. So, until I can find time to conquer the bigger things in life (i.e. the infamous 30 before 30) I will settle for the little things in life: finding time to take my dog for a walk, learning a new board game with friends, completing the laundry...the things that in the end, are the things of which life is made. May you too find adventure in your everyday life!
Tuesday, February 21, 2012
What will happen next?
We are nearing the end of February and I have to ask myself, what will happen next? Over the last two months I haven't made much progress on my "30 before 30" list. I was slightly worried about this, but then I realized that during the summer months I should be able to squeeze in more than one a month. I am excited to partake in the next adventure on my list, I just have yet to decide what it is going to be. Will I be dragging someone along with me to see what speed dating is really about, or will I go snowshoeing through the woods? The whole point of having this list was to make sure I was getting out and trying new things throughout the year, not just during the summer, so I feel as though I should get out and do something. As I read through my list, I wondered when and how several of the items would get accomplished, and then I visited some friends in Boise. They very quickly came up with several I could do while visiting them and were ready to make a call to get me a skydiving trip in over the weekend I was there. Probably a good thing that I didn't take them up on it or I would have been skydiving in the snow. Going for my second motorcycle ride in the midst of one of our cold spells (read- "freezing weather") was as cold as I would like to get right now. But, their enthusiasm was contagious. Apparently I am just not ambitious enough to get out there and do things! I have decided that I will let myself off the hook for now as I am working full time and completing two classes for my Master's program (the item to be checked off the list in June!). Come Spring Break, when my classes are done, I might actually have some free time/weekends that are not taken up by homework, giving me a better chance at filling my time with new adventures. For now, I will simply say that my Boise friends did reignite my desire to find a new adventure, and helped me check something off my life experiences list...I finally learned how to play Settlers of Catan. Yes, I know, everyone from my church is sitting there scratching their heads wondering how I have gotten through multiple church retreats and contact with avid Settlers of Catan players without ever once learning the game. Well, it has finally happened , and although I claim no expertise (I sourly lost both times I played), I am now able to partake in this entertainment pastime. So, until I can find time to conquer the bigger things in life (i.e. the infamous 30 before 30) I will settle for the little things in life: finding time to take my dog for a walk, learning a new board game with friends, completing the laundry...the things that in the end, are the things of which life is made. May you too find adventure in your everyday life!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Give us a call when you get the itch to play!
Well next visit to Boise you can definitely cross snow-shoeing off your list cause I very much want to try it as well and we just got the baby trailer that allows us to take K with us in style. Can't wait until winter!
Lynnae
Okay Miss Lynnae, I am noting that I will make my normal Boise pilgrimage next year, but will make sure it is a time that we can go snow-shoeing. Can't wait!
Post a Comment