"Passion."
"No."
"Interesting because I would have taken you for a romantic. Why then?"
”Because we need a witness to our lives. There's a billion people on the planet, I mean what does any one life really mean? But in a marriage, you're promising to care about everything. The good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things, all of it, all of the time, every day. You're saying 'Your life will not go unnoticed because I will notice it. Your life will not go unwitnessed because I will be your witness'. You can quote me on that if you like."
(Susan Sarandon, Shall We Dance, 2004)
I have found my witness. I have found the person for whom I want to say the above--I will notice your life, I will witness your life. In the last two weeks he has helped me cross three things off of my list (yes, I know I am behind on blogging). He has witnessed these events, but also made them happen. And this summer, before I turn 30, he will make something happen that I did not think would happen before I turned 30. He will make me his wife and he will become my husband.
He is so good for me and I want to make it public knowledge. He is a perfect mix of sweetness and seriousness. Someone I can have a pillow fight with right after discussing the meaning of scriptural passages. He is a word nerd, a computer geek, a passionate follower of Christ, and someone who makes me laugh. He challenges me and encourages me. He loves me for exactly who I am. He doesn't want to settle for mundane, yet makes me feel secure in his faithfulness. He is a planner and spontaneous. I couldn't ask for anyone better. I am so excited to share the rest of my life with him, giggling and discussing, praying and exploring. I am about to start one of the greatest adventures of my life--marriage, and I am so glad it is with someone I can call my best friend.
In church we had a couple pray for us and I was struck by the blessings they prayed over us. They prayed that we would be drawn to each other, that we would find joy throughout the wedding planning process, that the plans would come together, that stress would be low. Then one of them said, "For some reason, Lord, I just come to the phrase giggling amazement. That that would be true for Aaron and Fairlight." It was a phrase that Aaron and I both latched onto. That we would find moments in the next several months in the midst of planning and cramming our schedules with work, together time, and organizing details, that we would find ourselves giggling in amazement at what our Lord can do. But more than that, I want this to be true for our life together. May we have jubilant adventures full of giggling amazement. I love you Aaron and I can't wait to share the rest of my life with you!
![]() |
| Yes, he proposed at the Astoria Column. |

No comments:
Post a Comment