Friday, December 26, 2008

Back in Oregon

I just want to say, why did Western Oregon have one of the heaviest snowfalls on record the week I got back from sunny Southern Mexico? Talk about reverse culture shock. Besides trying to re-navigate the materialism of the Christmas season in the U.S., become re-accustomed to everyday habits (like drinking from the tap), and re-adjust my mind to the fact that I will be teaching in a couple of weeks, it has snowed almost every day since I have been home and I was greeted by the following:

We thought this was a lot of snow…

until my car completely disappeared.


For those of you used to a lot of snow, laughing at us, realize that we don’t usually get more than a few inches for one or two days. No one here is prepared for this; there aren’t snow plows clearing roads, no one knows how to drive in the snow, not everyone has chains…etc., etc. Plus, we usually get ice with our snow, making it more dangerous to drive.


By the way, although back in Oregon, I know God still has adventures planned for me, so don’t think that I will be ending this blog. The posts may be more sporadic, but remember, I am going to go back to teaching English to Language Learners and Kindergarten in another week or so, and who knows what will follow that, so…
Let the Adventure Continue!!

2 comments:

Grady Guy said...

Welcome Back. I hope you are having as much fun as I am in the snow! belated Merry Christmas and hope you have a Happy New Year! I like your thought, "let the adventure continue." All I gotta say is AMEN, and WALL-E ;)

Janelle said...

It is so weird to see pictures of you in snow. We miss you desperately! Please come back - in a year of course.