A quick update for those whom I have not talked to in a while. I am living back in the states, and after ten months I think I am finally readjusting to the cultural differences, although I still tend to head out the door at the time I am actually supposed to be somewhere. I am teaching again, except this year I am teaching a half-day Spanish Immersion Kindergarten and half-day English Language Learners (ELL). My wonderful class of 26 5- and 6-year olds create quite a challenge as do the 30+ ELL students I work with. Over the last few weeks I have been confronted with the reality that this is my life for at least the next 8-9 months so I might as well make the most of it. I am challenged daily in my Spanish ability as I struggle to teach not only kindergarten curriculum, but the Spanish language to half my class who are native English speakers. I am beginning to think I might learn more Spanish during this year than my time in Mexico, although I won't learn how to use any of it correctly.
God continues to be good, correcting me, encouraging me and providing amazing friends that surround me and up-lift me no matter what mood I am in. Life will continue to be busy, but for those of you who have pestered me to keep this blog going, I will do my best, for my jubilant adventures with God did not end when I came back from Mexico. I still am not sure what lies in my future, but for now may you and I each find contentment in where God has placed us and gain strength from the fact that God is using us and will provide the strength we need to make it through the tasks he has placed in front of us.
May God's peace be with you.
2 comments:
YEAH YOU POSTED! :D
Fairlight, I notice a really healthy thing in what you write: you are making the most of the now, not just looking ahead or behind.
I hope this year continues to be good with your students. And I am confident that it is leading you where Jesus wants you to be led.
Post a Comment