 |
| Lounging by the fire, waiting for dinner reservations. |
Well, not much to say about Timberline (or maybe my blogging writing skills are blocked by wedding planning). It is big and beautiful and I am glad I have now seen it. My brother-in-law is right-- the timbers used in the building are breathtaking and it is amazing to think of the work that went in to creating this landmark. I think my favorite things are the central fireplaces on the different floors. I can see the pull of ski lodges. All of the big beams, stone, and lighting give it a welcoming, cozy feel; just what you would want after physically exhausting yourself out on the cold slopes. I also enjoyed seeing all of the snow piled up against the windows. The lodge is literally covered with snow at this time of year and from the inside it looks quite surreal. It would be interesting to go back in the summer months, once some of the snow has melted away. I had fun walking around and hearing multiple languages being spoken among friends and families. It drew out my love of language and travel, and I had to keep myself from leaning over to listen more closely, or ask which language they were speaking. I did try to guess, though, and would whisper my guesses to Aaron. We had a lovely dinner at the Cascade Dining Room; beet soup and salmon with a nice sorbet in-between to cleanse the palette. With a dinner this nice, we considered it our early Valentine's Day dinner date and then drove home, completely exhausted (but content).
No comments:
Post a Comment