Saturday, August 17, 2013

#5- Visit the Oregon Gardens

My hubby is super dedicated. He knew I wanted something big for my 30th. He knew I had put off working on my 30 before 30 list because I as planning our wedding with him and looking forward to starting our life together. So...for my 30th he was on the top of his game. He planned a "dessert in the park" time with my family which was lots of fun watching niece and nephews running around and playing. He planned lunch on the Sternwheeler (pics below) as a fun outing for the two of us---something that probably should have been on the list. And, as a thrown in surprise, he took me to the Oregon Gardens for a sunny afternoon of walking through creative, beautiful, well-thought out gardens. I was especially intrigued by the Lewis and Clark expedition garden (can you tell I am a teacher) and the creative model garden on different ways to design vegetable raised beds for families.  Thanks hubby! I think you are amazing!
Time for a fun lunch on the river

Steering the Sternwheeler with the captain

The old Oak grove--"much the way it would have been when the Native Americans were living on the land" (oh the teacher in me is excited!)
Basking in the sun at the Oregon Gardens
Watching my hubby play in the fountain. Beautiful day!

No comments: