Friday, November 6, 2015

Pinterest WIN!

All over the internet we can see the famous "Pinterest Fails," but today I want to post a Pinterest WIN! A huge shout out to Haeyley at Design Improvised for this one (http://www.designimprovised.com/2013/08/file-cabinet-makeover.html). I had seen some cute filing cabinets online that had frames glued on to create depth, but after my husband and I picked up our filing cabinet at the Habitat Restore, I realized that wouldn't be an option for ours; the hardware was too low to be able to frame the drawers. Thus I began a search on my faithful idea friend, Pinterest. I found Haeyley's idea and thought it sounded like a fun one. Besides, I already had paintbrushes, chalkboard paint, and little paint samples that my husband and I had acquired as we decided what color to paint the office, so I was all set minus the metal primer. It was an easy, although slightly time consuming process as I had to paint during nap time, so it took a few days. However, I am really pleased with the end product and can't wait to see it in our newly redone office/craft room. Now if we could just get the carpet done I could start arranging the furniture! So excited!





















Really late follow up--carpet is in and our office is starting to look like an office! Filing cabinet is now in its place, my hubby and I have decided on how we want to organize everything and now I begin the chore (okay, I secretly love this type of thing) of organizing all of our paperwork, shredding what we don't need and of course labeling things!

Yes, believe it or not it is the same filing cabinet. We shall see how long the paint lasts...

No comments: