![]() |
| In the plane with Aaron. |
I must say, I was freaked out by the idea of jumping out and free-falling to the earth for almost a full minute, but that may have been my favorite part. Once you become oriented to the fact that you are falling, there is a rush as you speed through the air at 120mph. And the jumping out was made easy when going tandem because I didn't really do much. I was sitting down on the edge of the plane and Archie pretty much just said "ready, set, go" and pushed from behind. No time to think about it even. Since proper body position entails looking up over your shoulder, you aren't even looking at the ground. Then, about a minute in, you slow from 120mph to 10mph when the parachute lovingly opens above you. My least favorite part? Spinning in circles on the way down with the parachute to decrease altitude faster, but overall it was a great experience. I could go on and on about the adrenaline rush, the awesome feeling of falling, the chance to soar above the earth, the ridiculous out-of-control feeling when making turns with a parachute, the mix of fear and safety I felt coming in for the landing and more, but I will just say WOW! and leave it at that. And yes, we both paid a pretty penny to have pictures documenting our little adventure, so enjoy!
| Pre-jump photo op. |
13,000 feet above Mollala and dropping fast!
|
Parachute opening.
|
For those who are curious...I might be tempted to do it again, especially if it weren't so expensive!
*10 down, 20 to go...
The "30 before 30"
2. “Run” a half-marathon
3. Visit Multnomah Falls
4. Visit Newport Aquarium
5. Visit the Oregon Sea Lion Caves
7. Swim with dolphins
8. Run Hood to Coast- This one might have to come a week or two after my 30th birthday since I am not on a team this year...
9. Hike part of the Pacific Crest Trail
10. Rock climb at Smith Rock
11. Try snowshoeing or cross-country skiing
13. Climb the Astoria Column
14. Visit Mt. St. Helens
15. Go clamming
16. Visit Timberline Lodge
20. Eastern Oregon trip- Fossil Beds, Oregon Trail Interpretive Center, etc.
21. Go fly-fishing
24. Go for a helicopter ride
25. Learn about photography- I don’t know if this will amount to a class or “lessons” from someone more knowledgeable, but I would love to become more knowledgeable about photography and invest in a good camera.
26. (What shall this one be?!)
26. (What shall this one be?!)
28. Visit a continent I haven't visited before (Asia, Africa, Australia, Antarctica)
30. To Be Decided (last one to be completed…maybe something extra fun for my 30th birthday)

No comments:
Post a Comment