Sunday, August 18, 2013

#8- Try Osyters

Don't they look great?
Can you say amazing?! It just keeps coming. Today after church I was surprised to learn that Aaron had secretly arranged for us to go out to lunch with his brother and sister-in-law. Not only that, but he had arranged for us to go to lunch at an OYSTER BAR! (and it was New Orleans style none-the-less) Nostalgic of past travels with live jazz and an array of oysters for the trying. I will admit that I was a little nervous. However, with the help of our waiter we placed an order to try several different types of oysters. I had no idea that different oysters from different areas had different flavors, but the waiter was absolutely right. The ones he said were saltier, did taste saltier, and there was a definite buttery flavor to one as well. All in all, a very good experience from the fun music and great company, to the (admittedly) delicious oysters and other New Orleans cuisine. All the way to my sister-in-laws soft shell crab sandwich (with two whole crabs nestled between bread). I think my husband just pulled off a very eventful and exciting celebration to the start of my thirties!

Here we go!

Oyster away...I love Aaron's unsure face (and why my eyes are closed like that I have no idea).

The picture doesn't do it justice, but there are 2 full crabs with legs sticking out every-which-way on that sandwich.

No comments: