Wednesday, March 11, 2015
(Late) Lent Day 14: Near
Early morning snuggles sometimes make up for the late night feedings. Sitting on the couch after feeding my baby and having her snuggle up against me in her favorite position-head on my chest curled up in fetal position. She feels comforted by my heartbeat and is content with her tummy full of milk. She often sleeps the soundest on my chest, unfortunately, since that is not how I want to spend my night to make sure she gets deep sleep (can you learn to get deep sleep lying on your back in your bed, please baby girl?).
However, it does give some perspective on God and drawing near to him. Can we put our head on His chest and listen to His heartbeat, matching ours to His? Can we rest securely in His arms, knowing we are held by Him?
I desire to be this near to God, resting on His chest and knowing I am loved and cared for by Him.
P.S. I can't believe I look kind-of like a teenage mom in this photo even though I am over 30 years old. I guess that is a good thing...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment